Zoning Administrator: Rodger Hector
Office – (517) 628-2654
Monday 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Thursday 6:30 pm -8:00 pm
1. In 1997, Michigan enacted new legislation regarding the division of land. Effective March 31, 1997 the “Land Division Act” replaced the “Plat Act”. On April 1, 1997 all existing parcels of record became “parent parcels.” Each unit of government was required to adopt an ordinance establishing guidelines and to maintain a record identifying all newly created divisions or splits.
2. Onondaga Township adopted Ordinance 97-335-01 and also established a “Land Division Board” which consists of the following members:
- Township Supervisor
- Township Assessor
- Two members of the Planning Commission
3. The Land Division Board meets as needed and assures that new splits meet state and township requirements.
4. Copies of the Land Division Requirements document and application may be obtained from the Township Office or may be downloaded from the Doccuments page